CGM Anti-Denial Campaign Website

All you need to fight for CGM coverage.

Thought I would give a tid bit of info for the state of California-

If you doctor has written a letter of necessity, and you can show poor blood glucose control, you can appeal the insurance's decision through the California Board of Insurance. They have almost an 80% decision turn over rate for type ones at least.

Make sure you have written documentation, denial letters, records of blood sugars, etc.

Here is their link:

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/contact-us/0200-file-complaint/

Here is Aetnas policy:
CPB 0070 part VIII:

"Continuous Glucose Monitoring Devices :

Aetna considers continuous glucose monitoring devices (e.g., MiniMed Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, Guardian Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, and the DexCom STS), which are used to continuously monitor diabetic persons' blood glucose levels over a three-day (72-hour) period, medically necessary for persons with type 1 diabetes who have either of the following problems in controlling blood glucose level, unresponsive to conventional insulin dose adjustment:

1. repeated hypo- and hyperglycemia at the same time each day; or
2. hypoglycemia unawareness.

No more than two CGMS monitoring periods are considered medically necessary within a 12-month period.
Aetna considers the long-term use of continuous glucose monitoring devices medically necessary as an adjunct to fingerstick testing of blood glucose in persons with type 1 diabetes who have had recurrent episodes of severe hypoglycemia (blood glucose less than 50mg/dL) despite appropriate modifications in insulin regimen and compliance with frequent self-monitoring (at least four fingersticks per day). Long-term use of continuous glucose monitoring devices are considered experimental and investigational for all other indications."

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tonya, if you can post up that information up in this forum that would be great information to have. You can edit your discussion by clicking on your admin where it says EDIT this discussion.
The problem is, what if you have good control? In RI I was denied because my control was too good. (A1C = 6.4) Am I supposed to eat like a pig for a few months to get it up to 9 and suffer the consequences? The insurance companies refuse to acknowledge that long term they will save money by reimbursing for CGM's now, but I guess we've all heard that before.
DAMNED IF YOU DO DAMNED IF YOU DON"T

Phillip Lerner said:
The problem is, what if you have good control? In RI I was denied because my control was too good. (A1C = 6.4) Am I supposed to eat like a pig for a few months to get it up to 9 and suffer the consequences? The insurance companies refuse to acknowledge that long term they will save money by reimbursing for CGM's now, but I guess we've all heard that before.
To put it plainly: I have an A1C of 6.2. BUT I can still show that my blood sugar will be 288, and then fly down to 60. I take my blood sugar 10x a day- religiously -to prove this. You have to have your ducks in a row. You have to have documentation. I have seen some people who take their blood sugars 2x a day and claim they can't control their blood sugars. By not arming yourself with as much information as possible, you are bringing a twig to a gunfight. If you are going to take your fight to the state of California Insurance Board- make DARN sure you can show WHY you need it. (this isn't directed at anyone- I am just already fighting with Aetna, and know what they will ask and try to play on you)
Phil, I completley sympathize. I havent even tried to get coverage. I know id be straight up denied because my control is" too good". HA what they dont get is I am testing my blood sugar 15xs a day and have the butchered finger tips to prove it.

My doctor doesnt even want me to go on the pump because he thinks I am doing fine. Let him try poking his fingers 15'xs a day and injecting so many times I cant recall to correct.

My control in the past wasnt always so good and I just found out I am spilling a small amount of protein in my urine. There is no way in hell I will allow myself to go out of control just to prove its a necessity. Though my goodness having a CGM would make it SO much easier for me.

Gina is right with her " damned if you do, damned if you dont" response.
Phil Lerner said:

new balance, instyler, air jordan, sac michael kors, jimmy choo outlet, ray ban, moncler sito ufficiale, coach outlet, lululemon outlet online, nike air max, lacoste pas cher, air max, moncler, true religion outlet, air jordan, ugg soldes, uggs outlet, kate spade outlet online, timberland, burberry, uggs, asics running shoes, nike free, links of london uk, nike huarache, uggs, sac guess, mulberry bags, burberry, iphone cases, michael kors handbags, ralph lauren uk, mont blanc, michael kors outlet, wedding dress, michael kors handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, air max pas cher, montre pas cher, karen millen uk, chi flat iron, michael kors pas cher, louis vuitton, longchamp, nike outlet, coach outlet store online, rolex replica, uggs, babyliss pro, polo ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors outlet online sale, bottes ugg, jordan pas cher, coach purses, louboutin, michael kors handbags, moncler outlet, air max, jerseys, prada handbags, burberry factory outlet, nike huaraches, louboutin, ghd hair straighteners, air max, louis vuitton bags, abercrombie, doudoune canada goose, celine handbags, jordan shoes, air max, vans shoes, pandora charms, oakley pas cher, nike free run, louis vuitton pas cher, coach factory outlet, canada goose outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, hollister, true religion, moncler, ferragamo shoes, retro jordans, longchamp, polo ralph lauren uk, new balance outlet, nike air max, michael kors canada, iphone case, canada goose outlet, cheap nike shoes, vanessa bruno, oakley, nike roshe, ugg pas cher, beats headphones, tiffany jewelry, supra shoes, replica watches, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, true religion jeans, nike blazer, babyliss, air huarache, michael kors, phone cases, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs, rolex watches for sale, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air jordan pas cher, longchamp pliage, nike trainers, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, louboutin, longchamp outlet online, nike air max, canada goose, vans pas cher, canada goose jackets, louboutin, christian louboutin uk, oakley store, nike roshe run pas cher, oakley glasses, air jordan 11, burberry outlet online, hollister, ralph lauren, nike air max 2015, hollister, nike free run pas cher, moncler pas cher, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, gucci, jordan 4, kate spade handbags, louboutin, bottega veneta, moncler, baseball bats, converse, michael kors, hollister clothing, louis vuitton, canada goose pas cher, longchamp bags, bottes ugg pas cher, michael kors outlet online,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Blog Posts

Medicaid Based Coverage in Florida

Posted by thomas radcliffe on March 23, 2010 at 2:51pm — 2 Comments

Security of medical records

Posted by lee w on January 24, 2010 at 8:30pm — 2 Comments

treatment with coverage

Posted by Cindy Fallsen on December 9, 2009 at 2:44pm — 2 Comments

CGM Medicaid Florida

Posted by thomas radcliffe on October 17, 2009 at 9:00pm — 2 Comments

Latest Activity

meishengchao posted a discussion

claim for compensation

All previous classics many 30 claim for compensation negotiates and communicate external, too the storehouse examines quarantine bureau found the 4 big source that create volume lack, namely the limitation with volume formulary computation, " coefficient comparison composite decking prices is changed " inaccuracy, " say to weigh " calculative is unwell the optional sex that measures a method with gender, check, got foreign inspection…See More
Feb 20
Ashlea Fuquay posted a status
"Hi!! I'm glad to see you on my page)"
Feb 10
Ashlea Fuquay posted a discussion

Games/ Slot

Typical slot game - mega-joker-slot.com. You can play without spending money. I already won $ 10,000 and effortlessly!See More
Feb 10
Almeta posted a discussion

Dolphin’s Pearl Slot

dolphins-pearl-play.com - a free game, a lot of bonuses and prizes. Play without limits and do not miss your chance! See More
Feb 10

© 2017   Created by Gina Capone.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service