CGM Anti-Denial Campaign Website

All you need to fight for CGM coverage.

Insurance Coverage of Diabetes-Related Goods and Services in New York State

From the Dept. of Health website in NY

Insurance Coverage of Diabetes-Related Goods and Services in New York State
Private Health Insurance Plans

In January 1994 the diabetes insurance law became effective. The provisions of chapter 378 of the laws of 1993 and chapter 338 of the laws of 2003 can be found in Insurance Law §§ 3216 (i)(15-a), 3221(k)(7) and 4303(u). The law states that medically necessary diabetes self-management education and education relating to diet* will be covered when it is provided by:

* A physician or other licensed health care provider legally authorized to prescribe treatment.
* Staff as part of an office visit for diabetes diagnosis or treatment
* Certified diabetes nurse educator
* Registered Dietitian
* Certified Nutritionist or Dietitian

*Coverage for self-management education and education relating to diet shall also include home visits when medically necessary

This law also requires insurance coverage for various diabetes equipment and related supplies. The list of equipment and related supplies which may be medically necessary for the treatment of diabetes includes but is not limited to the following items (regulatory authority: 10 NYCRR § 60-3.1):

* Lancets and automatic lancing devices
* Glucose test strips
* Alcohol swabs, skin prep wipes and IV prep (for cleaning skin)
* Blood glucose monitors (e.g. glucometers)
* Blood glucose monitors for the visually impaired
* Continuous glucose monitoring systems
* Control solutions used in blood glucose monitors
* Diabetes data management systems for management of blood glucose
* Urine testing products for glucose and ketones
* Insulin and inhaled insulin
* Insulin infusion devices
* Oral and injectable anti-diabetic agents used to reduce blood sugar levels
* Injection aids (e.g. insulin drawing-up devices for the visually impaired)
* Cartridges for the visually impaired
* Disposable injectable insulin cartridges and pen cartridges
* Other disposable injectable medication cartridges and pen needles used for diabetes therapies
* Oral agents for treating hypoglycemia (e.g. glucose tablets and gels)
* Glucagon emergency kits
* Syringes
* Insulin pumps, equipment and supplies for use of the pump (e.g. batteries, semi- permeable transparent dressings; insertion devices; insulin infusion sets; reservoirs; cartridges; clips; skin adhesive and skin adhesive remover; tools specific to prescribed pump)

Insurance coverage is:

* Not based on the type of diabetes or whether or not the patient uses insulin
* Subject to same deductibles/co-payments as required for similar types of benefits in the insurance policy or contract

This law applies to:

* All Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
* Health insurance policies, which provide comprehensive or major medical coverage
* Health insurance policies, which cover outpatient services, performed in a physician's office

This law does not apply to:

* Medicaid Recipients
* Union-sponsored benefit plans that are self-insured
* Medicare or Medigap (Medicare supplemental policies) beneficiaries
* Plans which insure employees in more than one state
* Employer-sponsored benefit plans that are self-insured
* Health insurance policies which were not issued in New York State

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Medicare is my primary and Empire Blue Gross Blue Shield PPO is my secondary thru my former job. Dexcom filed with them on 7/31 so I'll let you know when I hear something.

I know Medicare does not cover CGM but Dexcom tells me they filed with them but I can't seem to get any info from Medicare,
I heard Medicare and Medicaid is NOT covering CGM

Hank L said:
Medicare is my primary and Empire Blue Gross Blue Shield PPO is my secondary thru my former job. Dexcom filed with them on 7/31 so I'll let you know when I hear something.

I know Medicare does not cover CGM but Dexcom tells me they filed with them but I can't seem to get any info from Medicare,
I received a check today for all of my supplies to date.
Luckily my insurance company Aetna NY covers the Continuous Glucose Monitoring. I am of the opinion that it is very important to have a good insurance. Nowadays it seems to be that you can get an insurance for nearly everything but the important question is what do the actually really cover in case of an unpredictable mishap. Recently I concluded a new home insurance. Hope that it is a good one.
these days you get Insurance for everything which you can not think off.But really its up to the individual on what to choose.I am frequent traveler and most of the year I am on tour for my office work.Tulsa Travel
arranges all my ticket and schedule they suggested me about taking a Travel Medical Insurance i have been insured for over an year now without any problem.So my point is choose the insurance which suits you the best.

who roshe runs,nike roshe run now uggs,uggs outlet writes nike store,nike shoes to ralph lauren outlet online,ralph lauren factory store you burberry handbags,burberry sale for converse,converse sneakers the tory burch,tory burch shoes last mcm handbags,mcm backpack outlet time, michael kors outlet online,michael kors outlet online sale and nike free,nike free bids michael kors,michael kors you prada,prada gratefully ugg boots,ugg boots clearance a coach outlet,coach outlet store last nfl jerseys,jerseys from china farewell.”

Those ugg boots,ugg australia sad nike factory,nike factory outlet lines burberry outlet online,burberry handbags were north face,north face signed nike store,nike outlet in nike roshe,nike roshe run initials polo ralph lauren,polo ralph only. juicy couture outlet,juicy couture clothings It ray bans,ray ban sunglasses is the north face,north face canada needless swarovski jewelry,swarovski jewelry to tommy hilfiger,tommy hilfiger outlet stores say beats by dre headphones,beats by dr dre that burberry outlet,burberry outlet online they michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online sale merely air force,air force strengthened longchamp outlet,longchamp my ralph lauren,ralph lauren resolution hermes,hermes birkin to nike huarache,huarache see uggs on sale,ugg australia her oakley sunglasses,oakley sunglasses outlet at ray-ban sunglasses,ray ban sunglasses outlet all tiffany jewelry,tiffany jewelry hazards. ralph lauren online shop,polo ralph I asics,asics kissed nike air max,nike air max the ray ban,ray ban paper new balance,new balance on air max,air max which ray ban,rayban her nike air max,air max hand michael kors uk,michael kors outlet had nike air max,nike air max 90 rested, burberry outlet,burberry outlet online and swarovski,swarovski crystal then nike canada,nike shoes I abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie fitch turned coach outlet usa,coach bags outlet to barbour jacket outlet,cheap barbour jackets the womens clothing,boutique clothing second northface,the north face outlet letter. tiffany and co,tiffany and co It ugg boots,ugg boots clearance contained pandora charms,pandora jewelry the coach purses outlet,cheap coach purses “invitation” mcm bags,mcm backpack to ralph lauren, which designer handbags,purses and handbags my ralph lauren,polo ralph lauren correspondent vans,vans had michael kors,michaelkors.com alluded, tommy hilfiger outlet,hilfiger outlet and louis vuitton outlet,louis vuitton outlet stores it thomas sabo,thomas sabo was coach outlet online,coach outlet store online expressed louis vuitton handbags,louis vuitton purses in coach outlet online,coach outlet these ralph lauren factory store,polo ralph lauren outlet terms:

“Mr. ray ban,ray ban Van michael kors,michael kors outlet Brandt abercrombie,abercrombie and fitch presents chanel,chanel his hilfiger outlet,tommy hilfiger outlet compliments vans,vans to celine handbags,celine outlet Mr. cheap jerseys,nfl jerseys Germaine, huarache,huarache and ray ban,ray ban begs louis vuitton outlet stores,louis vuitton handbags to instyler,instyler apologize soccer shoes,nike soccer shoes for tory burch sandals,tory burch the burberry,burberry somewhat new balance,new balance shoes abrupt tommy hilfiger,tommy hilfiger online manner coach outlet store online,coach factory outlet in pandora,pandora charms which timberland shoes,timberland boots he nike,nike received chanel bags,chanel sunglasses Mr. abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie kids Germaine’s baseball bats,easton bats polite toms shoes outlet,toms outlet advances. tory burch outlet,tory burch sale Mr. salvatore ferragamo,ferragamo Van longchamp handbags,long champ Brandt pandora jewelry,pandora charms suffers gucci,gucci habitually bcbg dresses,bcbg max azria from babyliss,babyliss flat iron nervous rolex watches for sale,rolex replica irritability, christian louboutin outlet,christian louboutin and adidas shoes,adidas online shop he coach handbags,coach outlet felt longchamp,longchamp outlet particularly hollister,hollister online shop ill lululemon,lululemon last prada shoes,prada shoes night. vans shoes,vans shoes He oakley sunglasses cheap,cheap oakley trusts michael kors outlet online sale,michaelkors.com Mr. true religion,true religion outlet Germaine christian louboutin,louboutin shoes will rolex watches,rolex watches receive ralph lauren,ralph lauren this cheap ugg boots,uggs candid bcbg max,bcbg max explanation louis vuitton bags,louis vuitton in beats by dr dre,beats headphones the basketball shoes,basketball shoes spirit polo ralph lauren outlet online,ralph lauren polo in marc jacobs,marc jacobs handbags which cheap jordans,jordan retro it air jordan shoes,retro jordans is michael kors purses,michael kors bags offered; barbour jackets,barbour jackets outlet and air max 2015,nike air max he pandora,pandora begs gucci outlet,gucci shoes outlet to michael kors bags,michael kors purses add air jordans,cheap jordans that adidas schuhe,adidas online shop Mrs. michael kors australia,michael kors Van ray ban sunglasses,ray ban wayfarer Brandt mont blanc pens,montblanc will moncler jackets,moncler outlet be polo ralph lauren outlet,polo ralph lauren delighted adidas,adidas shoes to michaelkors.com,michael kors outlet online sale receive woolrich clearance,woolrich outlet Mr. jordan retro,air jordan Germaine replica watches,omega watches whenever flat iron,chi flat iron he true religion outlet,cheap true religion may burberry canada,burberry outlet online find michael kors handbags,michael kors it salomon,salomon convenient new balance,new balance to adidas,adidas.nl favor christian louboutin shoes,red bottom shoes her oakley,oakley with swarovski canada,swarovski canada a louis vuitton canada,louis vuitton canada visit.”

That harrods,harrods Mr. michael kors,michael kors Van gucci shoes,gucci mens shoes Brandt lululemon canada,lululemon had gucci mens shoes,gucci handbags some new balance shoes,new balance sordid pandora uk,pandora bracelet interest coach outlet store,coach outlet online of toms.com,toms shoes his ugg,uggs canada own converse shoes,converse outlet to nike free run,free running serve watches,rolex watches in tommy hilfiger,tommy hilfiger writing jimmy choo,jimmy choo outlet this uggs outlet,ugg boots grotesquely ferragamo shoes,salvatore ferragamo impudent adidas,adidas composition, christian louboutin,louboutin shoes and michael kors,michael kors uhren that eyeglasses online,cheap eyeglasses the ugg boots clearance,ugg unhappy nike,nike woman hilfiger online shop,tommy hilfiger online shop who louis vuitton,louis vuitton bore ferragamo,ferragamo shoes his oakley vault,oakley sunglasses cheap name hollister clothing store,hollister co was michael kors outlet online,michael kors outlet online sale heartily gucci belts,gucci outlet ashamed vuitton handbags,louis vuitton bags of pandora jewellery,pandora jewellery australia the hermes birkin,hermes birkin bag proceeding oakley,oakley sunglasses on chanel outlet,chanel purses which michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors outlet he air max,air max had ray ban wayfarer,ray ban outlet ventured, polo ralph,polo ralph lauren outlet online were mizuno running,mizuno conclusions louis vuitton outlet online,vuitton handbags easily insanity workout,insanity schedule drawn tory burch sale,tory burch handbags after beats headphones,dre headphones reading coach factory outlet,coach factory outlet online the hogan,hogan two polo outlet,polo outlet online letters. air max,air max The christian louboutin shoes,christian louboutin suspicion lululemon outlet,lululemon of calvin klein,calvin klein outlet the timberland boots,timberland outlet man nike roshe run,roshe and prada sunglasses,prada handbags of hollister,hollister his long champ,longchamp handbags motives ray ban sunglasses outlet,cheap ray ban which red bottoms,louboutin shoes I michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online naturally the north face,north face backpacks felt bottega,veneta produced nike,nike id no louis vuitton,louis vuitton hesitation oakley outlet,oakley store in lululemon,yoga pants my jordan,jordans mind coach factory outlet online,coach factory as kate spade,kate spade handbags to hollister clothing,hollister kids the michael kors outlet online,michael kors handbags course katespade,kate spade outlet which abercrombie fitch,abercrombie.com I cheap nike shoes,nike factory had p90x workout,p90x3 determined kate spade outlet,kate spade bags to bebe dresses,bebe outlet pursue. hermes outlet,hermes belt On burberry,burberry outlet the cheap ray ban,ray bans contrary, hilfiger,tommy hilfiger canada I juicy couture,juicy couture handbags rejoiced north face,the north face that cheap nfl jerseys,baseball jerseys my nike,nike uk way handbags outlet,wholesale handbags to tiffany,tiffany canada an uhren,uhren shop interview the north face outlet,north face with louis vuitton,louis vuitton outlet online Mrs. chanel handbags,chanel outlet Van jordan shoes,air jordan shoes Brandt nike free,nike running shoes was nike air,air max thea smoothed, relojes,omega no true religion jeans,true religion jeans outlet matter north face jackets,north face outlet with moncler outlet,moncler jackets outlet what adidas,adidas zx motives, levi's jeans,levis outlet by ugg,ugg australia Mr. true religion jeans outlet,true religion jeans women Van roshe run,nike roshe run Brandt thomas sabo,thomas sabo himself.

I ugg australia,uggs on sale waited nike mercurial,nike mercurial at ugg,uggs home beats by dre,beats by dre headphones until nike,nike store noon, burberry uk,burberry and longchamp,longchamp then ed hardy,ed hardy I wedding dresses,bride dresses could uggs,ugg australia wait oakley,oakley no puma,puma online shop longer. cheap oakley sunglasses,oakley sunglasses Leaving gucci handbags,gucci shoes a wedding dresses uk,wedding dress message roshe run,nike roshe run of mac cosmetics,mac makeup excuse iphone cases,iphone 5s cases for retro jordans,jordan retro 11 my prada outlet,prada sunglasses mother softball bats,easton bats (I michael kors,michael kors had ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren outlet online just ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet sense toms outlet,toms shoes outlet of converse,converse shame m a c cosmetics,maccosmetics.com enough swarovski crystal,swarovski crystal left michael kors handbags,cheap michael kors to swarovski,swarovski shrink cheap michael kors,michael kors bags from michael kors outlet online,michael kors bags facing yoga pants,lulu lemon her), ray ban outlet,ray-ban sunglasses I louboutin,louboutin shoes hastened gucci,gucci shoes uk away tiffany,tiffany to cheap oakley,oakley vault profit giuseppe shoes,giuseppe zanotti by burberry outlet,burberry handbags my adidas,adidas invitation hollisterco,hollister clothing store on swarovski,swarovski online shop the louboutin,red bottom shoes very north face backpacks,north face jackets day ugg australia,ugg boots when eyeglass frames,eyeglasses frames I rolex watches,rolex watch received new balance outlet,new balance store it.

gucci shoes outlet,gucci belts supra shoes,supra shoes omega watches,omega watches abercrombie kids,abercrombie oakley sunglasses outlet,cheap oakley sunglasses oakley,oakley nike free 5.0,nike free trainer 5.0 north face outlet,northface louis vuitton purses,louis vuitton outlet prada handbags,prada outlet ralph lauren polo,ralph lauren tiffany and co,tiffany michael kors outlet,michael kors handbags hair straightener,ghd nike,nike jordan release dates,air jordan retro hollister,hollister clothing reebok,reebok replica handbags,designer handbags cheap shoes,shoes outlet air max 90,air max 95 toms shoes,toms.com nike roshe,nike roche abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie and fitch kids horloges,horloges giuseppe zanotti,giuseppe zanotti sneakers

new balanceinstylerair jordansac michael korsjimmy choo outletray banmoncler sito ufficialecoach outletlululemon outlet onlinenike air maxlacoste pas cherair maxmonclertrue religion outletair jordanugg soldesuggs outletkate spade outlet onlinetimberlandburberryuggsasics running shoesnike freelinks of london uknike huaracheuggssac guessmulberry bagsburberryiphone casesmichael kors handbagsralph lauren ukmont blancmichael kors outletwedding dressmichael kors handbagscheap oakley sunglassesair max pas chermontre pas cherkaren millen ukchi flat ironmichael kors pas cherlouis vuittonlongchampnike outletcoach outlet store onlinerolex replicauggsbabyliss propolo ralph lauren pas chermichael kors outlet online salebottes uggjordan pas chercoach purseslouboutinmichael kors handbagsmoncler outletair maxjerseysprada handbagsburberry factory outletnike huaracheslouboutinghd hair straightenersair maxlouis vuitton bagsabercrombiedoudoune canada gooseceline handbagsjordan shoesair maxvans shoespandora charmsoakley pas chernike free runlouis vuitton pas chercoach factory outletcanada goose outletoakley sunglasses cheaphollistertrue religionmonclerferragamo shoesretro jordanslongchamppolo ralph lauren uknew balance outletnike air maxmichael kors canadaiphone casecanada goose outletcheap nike shoesvanessa brunooakleynike rosheugg pas cherbeats headphonestiffany jewelrysupra shoesreplica watchestrue religion jeanslouis vuitton handbagstrue religion jeansnike blazerbabylissair huarachemichael korsphone casespolo ralph lauren outletuggsrolex watches for salelouis vuitton outletoakley sunglassespolo ralph laurenair jordan pas cherlongchamp pliagenike trainersmichael kors outletcoach outletlouboutinlongchamp outlet onlinenike air maxcanada goosevans pas chercanada goose jacketslouboutinchristian louboutin ukoakley storenike roshe run pas cheroakley glassesair jordan 11burberry outlet onlinehollisterralph laurennike air max 2015hollisternike free run pas chermoncler pas chertrue religion outletuggs outletguccijordan 4kate spade handbagslouboutinbottega venetamonclerbaseball batsconversemichael korshollister clothinglouis vuittoncanada goose pas cherlongchamp bagsbottes ugg pas chermichael kors outlet onlineugg bootsgucci shoesugg boots clearanceabercrombie and fitchsac hermesoakley outletuggs on salecanada goose outletnike factoryreplica watches ukrolex watchnike air max 2015oakley vaultmichael jordan shoesuggs outletcheap ugg bootsoakley vaultcheap oakley sunglassescanada goose jacketsgucci outlet onlinesac louis vuittonmarc jacobs handbagslunette oakley pas cherralph lauren pas cherhermes handbagslouis vuittonoakley vaultjordan futuremichael kors outlet onlinelouis vuitton uksac burberrynew balance shoesswarovski crystalralph lauren poloralph laurennorth face outlet onlinemichael kors bagsvans scarpewww.michael-korsoutletonline.eu.comhermes bagsvalentino shoeshttp://www.michael-korsoutletonline.eu.com/longchampabercrombiemichael kors handbags clearancelunette ray ban pas chernike free run uklouboutin pas cherugg australiaprada outletnike roshe runlouboutin outletsac vanessa brunonew balance pas cherchristian louboutinair jordansvanessa bruno pas cherhoganugghermes beltlancel pas cherlouis vuitton outlethogan sito ufficialejimmy choo shoesmichael kors outlet online saleconversenike free ukchaussures louboutinreplica handbagslouis vuitton handbagsnike air maxnorth face jacketsmichael kors outletabercrombielouboutin shoesoakley salewedding dresses uksunglasses outletmichael kors outlethogan outletmoncler outletlongchamp outletmontre hommeuggswarovski jewelrymichael kors ukpolo ralph lauren outletnike roshe runpolo ralph lauren outletscarpe hoganmulberry outletkate spade outletherve legerlongchamp bagslouboutin outlethollister canadaugg outletgucci beltslululemon canadaghdmichael kors outletjordan 6air max 2015louis vuitton pursesfake oakleystrue religion jeansralph lauren outletcanada goose jacketsmichael kors canadajordans for salelinks of londonhermes pas cher

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Blog Posts

Medicaid Based Coverage in Florida

Posted by thomas radcliffe on March 23, 2010 at 2:51pm — 2 Comments

Security of medical records

Posted by lee w on January 24, 2010 at 8:30pm — 2 Comments

treatment with coverage

Posted by Cindy Fallsen on December 9, 2009 at 2:44pm — 2 Comments

CGM Medicaid Florida

Posted by thomas radcliffe on October 17, 2009 at 9:00pm — 2 Comments

Latest Activity

Ashlea Fuquay posted a status
"Hi!! I'm glad to see you on my page)"
Feb 10
Ashlea Fuquay posted a discussion

Games/ Slot

Typical slot game - mega-joker-slot.com. You can play without spending money. I already won $ 10,000 and effortlessly!See More
Feb 10
Almeta posted a discussion

Dolphin’s Pearl Slot

dolphins-pearl-play.com - a free game, a lot of bonuses and prizes. Play without limits and do not miss your chance! See More
Feb 10
Sheba Koury posted a discussion

Decidion of search problem

There are a tons of information in the Net. Sometimes it's a real problem to find a proper website So an advice of a friend can be very useful. My friend recommended me that source.See More
Feb 9

© 2017   Created by Gina Capone.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service